Here we are: Strapi firstname.lastname@example.org is available!
What’s new in alpha.10?
As announced during alpha.9 release useful new features and improvements have been added in alpha.10.
🚀 Settings in database
When you deploy an API for production, your API runs on multiple servers. This is called horizontal scaling. That also means the code of your API is duplicated on each deployment, as many times as the numbers of server.
This problem has already been seen for permissions. That's why we have moved the permissions' rules into the database in alpha.9.
In this new version we decided to make the same changes for most of the API and plugins settings.
An easy to use configurations request helper has been added. We hope this improvement will make your life easier when your app is in production.
🚀 Rewrite Input Library
As you may know, the admin panel and the plugins are built on top of a useful node module named
strapi-helper-plugin. This package is kind of a front-end framework which contains the common logic shared between the plugins and the admin panel, such as Webpack, ESlint, PostCSS configurations and React files and components.
It is extremely useful to get access to reusable components. It allows plugins developers to import components with a single line of code
import Button from 'components/Button';. In this example, the helper will look for an existing component located in the
admin/src/components/Button directory of the plugin. If this component does not exist, the one in the
strapi-helper-plugin will be required.
One of the most used reusable components is the
input component. Until now, this component was containing a huge amount of logic. The more the time passed, the more this component was becoming unmaintainable. Sometimes it is better to clean things before to go any further. That's why we made the best of this release to split it into multiple components (inputPassword, inputNumber, inputDate, etc.).
🐛 Bug Fix
- [Plugin] Fix email templating user object for windows 559 @M1chaelTran
- [Plugin] Fix user update via API and content-type-builder 560 @lauriejim
- [Framework] Fix usage encryption security 572 @Aurelsicoko
- [Framework] Fix database connection host 587 @Aurelsicoko
- [Framework] Remove user key from generated database.json file 591 @Aurelsicoko
- [Plugin] Populate type field when creating a role files @Aurelsicoko
- [Framework] Remove trivial decimal implementation and use float type instead 589 @Aurelsicoko
- [Framework] Fix responses format in production 594 @Aurelsicoko
- [Framework] Update default hook timeout to 3000 milliseconds 617 @Aurelsicoko
- [Documentation] Moved config out of middleware and into app config 543 @memolipd
- [Admin] Rewrite lib input to be more flexible and update all plugins with @soupette
- [Framework] Processing database connection by CLI arguments 582 @lucaperret
- [Plugin] Update JWT auth data 611 @lauriejim
- [Framework] Hide input password strapi new cli 614 @lauriejim
- [Plugin] Update icons and logo 618 @Aurelsicoko
Here is the full changelog: https://github.com/strapi/strapi/releases/tag/v3.0.0-alpha.10.1.
Give it a try!
Looking forward to try this new version?
- Node 9 installed on your machine.
- MongodDB installed and running.
$ npm i strapi@alpha -g
$ strapi -v
This should print
Create your first project:
$ strapi new my-app
Choose your database credentials.
Start your server:
$ cd my-app $ strapi start
Migrating from email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are already building an API using email@example.com, we recommend you to to migrate to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't worry, a fully detailed migration guide is available.
File upload is a necessary feature for almost every API. Your opinion on the Vote page confirmed that, making it the most wanted feature. Your voice matters: we already started working on it and will release the Upload Plugin it in email@example.com!
After that, the GraphQL Plugin will arrive!
Many improvements are coming in the next few weeks. Comment this article to tell what you expect from Strapi in the near future.
The Strapi Team